You are experiencing an issue pertaining to query creation or when modifying an existing query, where a user is unable to proceed without the browser page experiencing performance issues and hanging under the following scenarios:
- Trying to select an Info Area during query creation
- Trying to edit the output fields in a new or existing query
When this occurs, the web runs into a loading loop and eventually displays an error message stating that the page has become unresponsive and can be terminated. The exact error message will depend on the specific browser.
This is a known issue for ACRM versions earlier than 13.2 when working with Chromium browsers newer than v92.0.4515.107. In order to resolve it, please update to the latest ACRM version, which includes this and many other fixes and optimizations.
However, if you can not upgrade just yet, you may be able to use the hotfix attached to this article, which should replace the original u8.js file.
- Navigate to
...\update.web\web\scripts\basein your ACRM install folder.
- Back up the existing u8.js file.
- Replace it with the u8.js file attached to this article.
- Recycle the IIS Application Pool.
- Clear the browser cache.
- Invalidate the ACRM cache by navigating to Settings > Invalidate cache.
Please note that this hotfix may not work with old ACRM versions. If you encounter any issues, please restore the original u8.js file and consider upgrading to the latest version of ACRM.